Right from mending a chipped tooth to bridging the gap between your missing teeth, dental veneers have the ability to enhance your tooth’s appearance. The thin porcelain layer is placed on your tooth to protect its surface from damages. Veneers certainly have many dental benefits, but, you have to look after its upkeep to experience its perks for a longer period of time. The dental layer might wear out if you avoid following a few essential measures.
The quality of your dental veneers may stay intact if you follow the tips that are mentioned below.
Hard-bristled toothbrushes can cause major damage to the dental layer, thus, look for the ones that have soft-bristles as they won’t lead to scratches or make your veneers wear out.
- Brushing with abrasive toothpaste can diminish the quality and the sheen of your veneers. So, make sure to choose a toothpaste which does not have any harmful chemicals such as sodium bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide in it.
- Using your teeth to bite nails or even open bottle caps could also cause damage to the dental veneers. Therefore, remember not to use your teeth as a tool.
- Biting on foods that are hard is not recommended if your tooth has been restored with dental veneers. Thus, avoid having anything that requires a lot of teeth pressure to bite.
- Eating a lot of sugary foods can certainly give rise to a decayed tooth which is not good for your veneers. Hence, you have to be very careful when it comes to the food that you eat. Avoid foods that contain an excessive amount of sugar, also, try to curb down on the intake of acidic foods as well as beverages.
- Your dental veneers might wear out too soon if you have the habit of clenching or grinding your teeth. Consult your dentist soon if you are experiencing this dental problem. Discuss the problem with him before opting for veneers.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco might cause damage to the bonding composite of your veneers. These habits can also stain your veneers and make them look discolored. Thus, giving up on drinking as well as smoking would be the right thing to do if want your veneers to last.
Schedule your appointment with FLOSS Dental – Sugar Land today if you want to restore the condition of your chipped or broken tooth. Reach out to us at (281) 864 3470.